Recently updated on November 18th, 2020 at 11:12 am
Easy Motivational Workout Tips to Follow
Every individual in the corporate world is well-aware of the benefits of daily workout. However, the report published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services shows that only around 30% of the population achieves daily recommended physical activity needs. In comparison, more than 80% of the adults are not meeting their required needs of muscle-strengthening and aerobic activities.
The above situation is more critical when we consider the busy schedule of today’s office employees. The most common go-to excuse for skipping a workout is that they don’t have time for gyming. Moreover, friends, family and social commitments make it more challenging for them to incorporate a routine activity into their lives.
Benefits Of Workout For People Who Work In The Office
Before we discuss how busy bees can incorporate workout in their office routine, let us have a brief look at the benefits to boost your motivation.
- Relieves Stress: if you are in search of how to get motivated to exercise when depressed, you are in the right place. Exercise reduces the body’s stress hormone, aka cortisol and enhances the production of endorphins to keep your mind relax. Moreover, it helps to deal with insomnia.
- Boosts Energy: exercise is one of the best ways to battle against fatigue. It helps improves blood circulation and keeps the pulmonary system well.
- Weight Management: according to the Milken Institute, in 2016, the direct healthcare cost of 480.7 billion U.S. dollars was due to obesity, along with the productivity loss of 1.24 trillion U.S. dollars. Workout, when paired with a healthy diet, helps to adopt a significant lifestyle to tone down your body and lower the risk of being obese. Workout motivation tips for moms prominently include this benefit as well.
- Improves Heart Health: regular workout lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and increases HDL (good cholesterol) levels. It helps strengthens cardiac muscles and stabilizes blood pressure.
- Foster Social Connections: gyming with your corporate circle, shows your will to thrive beyond the workspace. It makes you more accountable for workouts and creates a unique bond with your colleagues as well.
- Enhance Productivity: a study published in Harvard Business Review showed the advantages of exercise beyond just being physical. It boosts memory, learning, creativity and concentration. Thus, it helps you to be more productive at work.
- Improves Immunity: regular workout helps to flush out harmful viruses and bacteria from our lungs and reduce the risk of multiple diseases. It helps to strengthen the immune system, which leads to fewer sick days and less absenteeism.
7 Tips For Motivational Workout
So now, while we have some excellent points on the benefits of workout for office employees, you will surely be having a question in mind; “how to stay motivated to workout?” Therefore, let’s dive into seven useful tricks towards incorporating a motivational workout into our daily routine.
1. Reshape Your Fitness Goals
Before starting a workout, it is essential to have a clear picture of how you want your body to be. “I want to be a healthy person” is a far better statement than “I want to be in shape.”
The best aspect of a motivational workout is the community aspect. Being a 9 to 5 office freak, it may seem challenging for you to have a focused mind on your physical as well as mental health. However, when the roadblocks show up, and they indeed will, it is better to be willing to feel the pain and achieve your goals.
Embrace your challenges, and don’t be foolish to think it won’t be hard or painful. Reshape your goals of being healthy in shape instead of just being in shape. Trust me; you will get through it gracefully.
2. Idealize Your Fitness Celebrity
We all have those pictures we wish don’t exist. However, they can serve as a motivational reminder for accomplishing your goals. Also, idealizing your favorite celebrity can keep you on track and prevent you from skipping a workout. They will inspire you to transform your embarrassing photos into presentable ones. You can also use social media to stick to your routine. Plus, it makes you look and feel younger.
3. Focus How Workout Makes You Feel
When it comes to rewarding yourself, how you feel after a good workout is enough. Still, if you need a tangible reward to get motivated, make sure it is not related to food. Don’t go to your favorite dine-in place to celebrate your victory. Instead, gift yourself a workout outfit or a piece of your favourite accessory.
You can also use some reliable intermittent fasting apps for a workout. When motivation fades, let your discipline carry you forward. Think of how relaxed you feel after a workout. The more you push yourself, the more you feel energized and accomplished.
4. Set Small Realistic Goals
How to stay motivated to workout? Create small yet realistic goals for yourself and achieve them in time. For example, five pushups for the first week, then take it to 10 for the second week, and so on. Take slow and gradual accomplishments and feel determined every time you step into your class or gym. Stay with your goal, even if it gets hard.
Remember, an office routine can make you lazy, and progress is not instant as a single workout will not get you in shape. However, constant efforts indeed put you over the edge.
5. Find A Workout Buddy
While having fun, time runs out more quickly, especially if you are with your best people. Also, if you want to find the secret to how to get motivated to exercise when depressed, find yourself a workout buddy. Also, cheer each other throughout the session.
In times of demotivation and fatigue, your pal will be there to encourage you that you can do it. Workout buddy trick can boost your confidence to make the connection with your workout goal by sharing common ground on pursuing similar values.
6. Keep Short Workout Duration
No worries if you are not feeling like doing hard, long workouts. Even a daily routine of 15-30 minutes of exercise is significant for your well-being. This is the topmost strategy for workout motivation tips for moms as well. You can get an intense workout even in a minimal timeframe if you work smartly.
Some reputed providers from essay editing service UK surveyed the impact of duration of workout on employee’s motivation. They found that the sight of the finishing line is helpful when people are exhausted by a tiring day. More than 60% of employees agree that an ideal session of 20-30 minutes helps them with relaxation.
Hence, if you are feeling pressurized, overworked and screen sick, then a solid short duration workout is the best therapy to feel great.
7. Create A Killer Playlist
Lastly, music is the best form of motivation; for those who feel connected. Music is proven to improve work capacity during exercise. Thus, fill your phone with your favourite workout songs. When you feel too tired to get into your gym clothes, turn them up.
The beats of the music will shake you up, and you will feel high to get ready for the workout. Music gets you to the gym, which means half the battle won. Once the most challenging part of the motivation is achieved, you can stick around for a killer workout.
How Can An Ideal Exercise Turn You Into A Successful Employer?
As I have already mentioned the benefits of workout for office employees above, it clearly indicates a win-win situation for both employers and employees. Allowing employees to workout for 30 minutes daily is not an exceptional idea yet makes you stand out in the industry. You can also provide them with intermittent fasting apps for workout subscriptions.
It is recommended to encourage exercise before, after or even during working hours. A well-equipped and modest gym is highly appreciated and will be loved by your employees. People often find many excuses not to exercise; an in-house fitness area eliminates these excuses. It will help your employees to feel fresh and healthy from body and mind, which will lead them to be motivated and dedicated to work.
It does not take a state-of-the-art gym to get you moving. A small space is enough to keep you healthy and active. The significance of good health and improved work performance outweighs more than money. Stay healthy, stay active!