Recently updated on April 1st, 2019 at 04:46 pm
Life is unpredictable. You never know what surprises it may bring to you. The only thing you aim at is reaching your goals at any cost. But, hold on! Your life need not be a cost. Isn’t it?
To work harder and faster in your respective field, you need to be physically fit. Of course, everybody needs health insurance. When so many things can be done in hours or even in minutes, then how can medical science stay behind?
Unlike a few years back, treatments like gall bladder transplantation used to take more than one day to be treated, but now it can be done within 24 hours. However, it really doesn’t mean that the expenses of treatment are now in your reach. With passing time, technology has improved and service charges have increased. That’s why day-care health insurance plans are introduced.
Day-Care Health Coverage at a Glance
The treatments that don’t require a patient to be admitted in the hospital for 24 hours are covered under the day-care health insurance. There is no standard list of day care procedures and may vary from company to company. But, most companies cover more than 100-day care procedures. And, all the expenses related to those diseases will be paid by the insurance company.
Wondering why you should buy health insurance policy? Of course, many people think why to bother when they can bear daycare expenses of hospitals? If you are one of them, you are wrong. Nowadays, the disease diagnostic tests that do not need hospitalization can also put an unbearable burden on your pocket. So, how could you ignore it? The foremost advantage of a day-care procedure is to save your money.
Treatments that Day Care Procedures Include
Check out the list of some of the treatments covered under day-care procedures
Treatment of nose and nasal sinuses
- Nasal sinus aspiration
- Excision and destruction of infected tissue of the nose
- Procedures on the turbinate
Operation of ear
- Fenestration of the inner ear
- Reconstruction of the middle ear
- Removal of the tympanic drain
- Tympanoplasty (closure of an eardrum perforation)
- Reconstruction of the auditory ossicles
Treatment of the subcutaneous tissues and skin
- Revision of skin plasty
- Local excision or destruction of diseased tissue of the skin
- Free skin transplantation
- Chemosurgery to the skin
Ophthalmology- Eye treatment
- Surgery for retinal detachment
- Operation of cataract
- Removal of a foreign body from the conjunctiva, cornea, lens of the eye etc.
- Incision of the cornea
- Procedures on the canthus and epicanthus
- Excision and destruction of infected tissues of the eyelid
- Incision of tear glands
- The incision on bones, septic and aseptic
- Arthroscopic knee aspiration
- Suture and other procedures on tendons and tendon sheath
- Osteosynthesis to close the reduction on fracture, luxation or epiphysiodesis
Apart from these treatments, day-care procedures also include sexual organs, cancer treatment, heart, and urinary system.
There is no wonder that coverage for day-care procedures are necessary to in today’s scenario. It doesn’t only save your money but also provides you relief from the expensive treatments. Nowadays, there is plenty of companies providing health insurance in India. You can choose the insurance company which broadly covers specific treatments and fulfill your needs and requirements.