The land blessed with various cultures and spiritual centers, India also has a number of pilgrimage sites located all across the country. Numerous religions, for example, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Islam have their foundations profoundly inserted in India making it a go-to goal for individuals of all confidence.
An extensive number of temples, gurudwaras, churches, mosques, and monasteries are sited here. Most of these pilgrimage spots in India are situated along the banks of the implausible streams like the Ganga, Brahmaputra, Godavari, and Kaveri.
In northern India, Haridwar at the foot of the Garhwal Himalayas, the Ganga streams unobtrusively into this heavenly city it is a most loved spot for ritual cleansing. Whereas just at a distance of 24 km. north of Haridwar is Rishikesh which is another most important spiritual site in India.
It is here that the consecrated stream changes itself from a surging deluge, perfect for waterways boating, into a winding conduit. There are various other pilgrimage spots in the Himalayas including Hemkund Sahib, Badrinath, and Kedarnath.
While, in southern India, there are streams like Kaveri, Krishna, and the Godavari. They all are sacred waterways and pull in travelers to countless locales and the coastline highlights significant temples, for example, the Ramalingesvara Temple in Ramesvaram, where Ram and his military traversed to Lanka to protect Sita.
Aside from these, there are numerous little destinations for the journey in India close practically all streams or beautiful peak.
The most noteworthy religious spot is Varanasi, which is otherwise called Kashi in southeastern Uttar Pradesh on the north bank of the Ganga, it is holy to Hindus, Buddhist, and Jains.
They rush to the ghats or steps, driving from haven down to the banks of the holy Ganga as they continued looking for a promising site for death, incineration or submersion of fiery remains.
The devotee holds up in line to have an ellipse of the god’s picture. This is done to keep up harmony around the holy temples.
There are various explorers who visit diverse religious fairs, for example, Kumbh Mela, Puskar mela and so on.
Kumbh Mela which was recently held at Allahabad at the interim of at regular intervals pulls in a great many aficionados.
Some of the pilgrimage sites in India which one should definitely visit once in their lifetime are:
1. Vaishno Devi Temple located Katra at the Trikuta Mountains in Jammu Kashmir is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Goddess Vaishnavi.
2. Hemkund Sahib a Gurudwara which is a Sikh place of worship and pilgrimage site located in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. It is devoted to Guru Gobind Singh.
3. Golden Temple Also known as Darbar Sahib is a Gurdwara of Sikhs located in Amritsar, Punjab. It is one of the most holiest Gurdwaras of Sikhs.
4. Ajmer Sharif Dargah: It is a Sufi shrine of the Sufi saint, Moinuddin Chishti which is located in Ajmer, Rajasthan.
5. Velankanni Church One of the country’s major Catholic pilgrimage centers, the Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health is located in Velankanni in Tamil Nadu. It is devoted to the “Lordes of the East“.
6. Hampi located in east-central Karnataka it was one the center of the Hindu Vijayanagara Empire capital in the 14th century. There are more than 1,600 remains of the great kingdom including temple complex and mandapas.
7. Bodhgaya: Gaya, in Bihar is a sacred site and has the Mahabodhi Temple Complex It is famed as it is the spot where Gautama Buddha had attained his Enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree.
8. Jagannath Temple: It is a Hindu temple which is dedicated to Lord Jagannath, a form of Vishnu, located in Puri, Odisha.
9. Dwarka: The Dwarkadhish temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to God Krishna, It is located at Dwarka in Gujarat.
10. Sun Temple located in Konark in Oddissa is endorsed to king Narasingha deva I. It is devoted to the Hindu sun god of Surya.