One of the most popular games played around the world is poker and for obvious reasons. Poker is actually a family of card games where players bet over what hand is better according to the rules of the game. Online Poker has gained popularity as a game because it is both easy to learn and fun to play and is a perfect relaxing game to play with friends and family.
Now, you can play this amazing game online from your smartphones as well. With the advent of online casinos, many people have started playing poker online. If you want to know about online poker and the types of poker games you can play online, follow this article.
What is Online Poker?
Poker online refers to playing poker over the Internet – for fun or profit. The basic idea to play poker online is the same as playing poker in real life. The only difference is that you can play it directly from your phone or computer screen.
You can play for fun, make a wager and then try to beat your opponents. Poker sites offer all sorts of games, from Omaha Poker to Texas Holdem and more.
The great thing about playing online is that it can be done for free as well as for real money. Also, many sites offer tournaments for big money – free entry, qualifying rounds, cash prizes.
Types of Online Poker Games:
There are literally multiple variations of poker games. You can play all these types of games online as well. Here are some of the most popular types of online poker games you can play.
- Texas Holdem: Texas Holdem poker is one of the most famous variations of this challenging card game. Two cards called hole cards are exchanged face down at the beginning of each round of betting, followed by five community cards that are turned up face down for the final round. It is one of the widely played variants of poker. Most of the online casino sites offer this poker variant. The rules are simple, and the game is fun to play.
- Omaha: Omaha is another popular variant of poker you can play online. This game is slightly different from Texas Holdem. Here, you will get four cards at the beginning instead of 2. You have to use the cards along with community cards to create a strong hand. If your hand is stronger than others, you will win the entire game of Omaha poker.
- Seven Card Stud: Seven Card Stud is one of the oldest poker variations. Before Texas Holdem came into the picture, most people used to play this game. It was played by professional players. Here, each player has to put the bet money on the table. After that, the players will get 2 face-down and 1 face-up card. The one with the lowest face-up card starts the game by putting the bet money. Only eight players can play this game at once.
- Five Card Draw: Five-card draw poker is a popular poker variant and is actually the foundation for video poker as well. Because of this, it’s often the first poker variant learned by new, inexperienced players. It’s most commonly played at home, sometimes, though, but not usually played in high-stakes tournaments and casino play. You can enjoy playing this game online as well.
- Razz: If you’re looking for a new, light and easy to learn card game, what you need to know about Razz poker is that this version of stud card poker is easy to learn but also provides an excellent winning ratio. It’s one of the most popular types of poker ever played online.