Hiring Professional Mold Removal & Mold Remediation Services in Christmas
With Christmas fast approaching, there is no better time to ensure that your Christmas experience is as pleasing as it should be. While you are picking up gifts and creating jolly Christmas cards, do not forget to do your mold check as well. This is especially directed at those who have chosen to have a live Christmas tree in their homes. Christmas tree mold is a health risk to people with allergies or asthma. Thus, it would be great if you reach out for mold remediation services before it is too late and allow these awful fungi to ruin your celebrations.
In fact, studies have shown that about 70% of mold found on trees can cause respiratory problems. People most vulnerable to these problems are those who are already allergic or are asthmatic. Thus, if you notice that those with allergies often develop the symptoms around the Christmas period, then it would be wise to proffer mold remediation services and do a mold check.
What Causes the Mold?
The leading cause of the growth of mold is the presence of warmth and humidity in your home. Almost all species of mold thrive in damp, moist areas. This makes your home a perfect place for it to grow. Especially if you don’t pay attention to the humidity level in your homes.
How To Stop Mold Growth?
– Wash the Tree
This should be done before bringing it inside living spaces. Use a leaf blower to remove any pollen or mold spores. This reduces the health risk that the tree might pose.
Furthermore, you could buy a commercial disinfectant and mix it with water to wash the tree. Or, you could use a mix of vinegar and water. Vinegar is also a disinfectant and can kill mold.
– When to Remove the Tree
To reduce the health risk of having a Christmas tree in living spaces, you must be mindful of how long you want to showcase your tree. You should display it for a maximum of 7 days. Mould growth increases in pace after about a week and that would be a good time to go store it in mold unfriendly conditions.
– Use an Artificial Tree
If there are people with asthma or other respiratory problems and allergies living in your home, it might be best to just forget the idea of a live Christmas tree. An artificial Christmas tree greatly reduces the risk of mold growth, but it however possesses its own problems.
If not stored properly, an artificial tree might become covered with dust and mold as well. This leaves you still proffering mold remediation services once again. To avoid these from happening, make sure
- The artificial tree is placed in a plastic bag or container before it is stored
- Do not store in cardboard, as this might encourage mold growth and even attract pests.
PS: it is better you store your artificial Christmas tree in a finished basement rather than an unheated attic as many are used to doing.
Do not let mold ruin the Christmas spirit. If need be, call on professionals for mold remediation services before it becomes too late.