The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS Clerk exam. Close to 20 Public Sector Banks participate in the clerical cadre recruitment conducted by this body.
This year, the Clerk Prelims examination is scheduled to be conducted in December 2020 and the Mains in January 2021. So, candidates aspiring to crack the exam must start their preparation now.
The official notification shall tentatively be released in the month of October and the admit card for preliminary examination by November and for the mains by January 2021. Candidates are willing to get detailed information regarding the IBPS Clerk Admit Card 2020 can visit the linked article.
Discussed below is the preparation strategy and tips for the reference of candidates to analyze and start their preparation accordingly.
Tips To Crack the IBPS Clerk Exam
- Analyze the syllabus and exam pattern – Five main subjects are a part of the syllabus: English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge, and General Awareness. Candidates before starting their preparation must go through the section-wise syllabus and list of important topics for their reference
- Start the preparation with a Positive Attitude – Having the correct approach is extremely important. With the tough competition and comprehensive syllabus, candidates must not give up and continue with their preparation with extreme contentment
- One must possess proper Books, Study material, and Notes – To ensure that the concepts are clear, candidates must make notes and refer to them while studying for the examination. They should look for the most appropriate study material and books for a better understanding of the topics
- Solving Mock Tests and Question Papers – It is advised that solving time-based mock tests will enable candidates to experience the exam hall-like atmosphere and give a better analysis of their performance. Also, the previous year question papers will give an idea of the most common topics with respect to the examination
- Follow a well structured and disciplined study plan – Just learning the concepts once is not sufficient, candidates must ensure that ample time is devoted to revision. Solving questions, revising the important formulas, going through the shortcut tricks and implying them on questions must all be given an equal amount of time during the course of preparation
- Self Confidence and Belief – With such high competition, candidates tend to lose the belief that they may qualify the exam but they must know that determination and confidence within oneself will enable them to crack the exam easily and successfully.
Aspirants now have an option to choose between online or offline courses to prepare themselves. They must ensure that certain factors are kept in mind while choosing the assistance:
- Proper study material must be provided
- On-time completion of syllabus
- Separate Time Allotted for questions and doubts
- Regular classes
- Past results
These factors will enable candidates to get the best resources and prepare under their guidance.
Candidates who have just started their preparation can get the detailed section-wise syllabus for the upcoming exam at the IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2020 page.
Also, based on the past clerical cadre recruitments conducted by IBPS, it is apt to say that it is one of the most sought after exams in the banking industry and every year lakhs of candidates choose to appear for this examination, increasing the competition and the standard of the exam.
Thus, having a proper preparation strategy to qualify the exam easily is a must. Candidates can go through the pointers mentioned above and hopefully, this will help them strategize their study plan and ace the upcoming IBPS Clerk 2020 examination.