A comprehensive guide to post construction cleaning checklist. A construction project’s completion is normally a thrilling experience for all people involved. Finishing the actual construction job, on the other hand, is far from the end of the project. Cleaning is often the last step. This move is important because no client wants to return home or to work to find dust and debris everywhere. This is why construction companies adopt the practice of hiring the best construction debris removal Solano County services
The final step involves thorough inspection of the job site to ensure everything is clean, organized, safe, and stored back. This final walk through typically includes a construction punch list to ensure that all loose ends have been wrapped up, damages have been fixed, and the property is up to code. One way to ensure that all of these things are taken care of is to create and use a personalized post-construction cleaning checklist.
This blog will assist you in what you need to know about post-construction cleaning checklists and what they should include.
What is a Post Construction Cleaning Checklist?
A post construction cleaning checklist is a systematic document that divides the various areas of a construction site into particular cleaning categories. It assists staff in walking around and area and identifying any clean up activities that must be completed before the project can be deemed finished.
The checklist is normally created ahead of time for the cleaning process, with the contents varying depending on the construction site and the job itself.
A standard new post-construction clean-up checklist contains the following items:
- The clean up tools and equipment that will be needed
- Cleaning the particular areas that need attention
- The specific form of cleaning that is needed in each area
What Should Be on The Construction Cleaning Checklist?
It is important to include each area of the premise on your post construction cleaning checklist. Use as a reference to support your staff in inspecting and other aspects of the construction, From the walls, flooring, ceilings to exterior features, trash and debris removal.
Following factors need to be included in your cleaning checklist:
Entrances and Exits
All entrance and exit doors should be checked and washed. When a new owner arrives on the house, these are the first items they can find.
Take the following steps:
- Dust external lights
- Check to see if any of the lights are on.
- Clean the windows.
- Doors, door frames, and doorknobs should all be clean.
- Wipe entrance ways
The living rooms and common areas should be clutter – free, safe, tidy, and very well. Delete all evidence of your work from the region. Observe the following steps in this regard:
- The floors are washed, vacuumed, and scrubbed.
- All lights are operating and free of dust.
- The doorknobs and light switches are in good condition.
- Clean and dust the windows, window sills, and window tracks.
- No smudge marks on the walls or paint drops on the ground.
- Remove all the trash
- Clean the doors and door frames
Kitchens can be challenging environments, with numerous small gaps and spaces that are often ignored. Making sure the kitchen area is clean and in working order is an important part of completing a construction project. Take the following steps:
- Dust all shelves and counters.
- Clean appliances inside out.
- Clean cabinets and drawers inside out.
- Check to see if all of the cabinet hardware is clean and safe.
- Wipe the floors
- Clean the windows and the frames of the windows.
- Clean the sink and backsplash after taking out the garbage.
- With a damp rag, wipe down all appliances and accessories.
Despite being among the smallest rooms in the home, bathrooms must be clean and functional at the completion of the project.
Take the following steps:
- Sanitize the sink, tub, and shower.
- Ensure that the toilet is clean.
- Wipe down mirrors, shelves, and counters.
- Floors are washed and scrubbed.
- Cabinets and drawers are cleaned on the inside.
- Clean the light bulbs, windows, and doors.
Remove the trash and clean the floor, walls, and windows to create a clean and perfect bedroom space. When cleaning a bedroom, keep an eye out for the following items:
- Cleaning the inside of the closets
- Dusting ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Dusting shelving units that are built-in
- Cleaning the grates and vents
- Paint removal from hinges
A thorough inspection of the property’s exterior is the last element on the post construction cleaning checklist.
Pay attention to the following steps in this regard:
- Remove all garbage from the area.
- Wipe the walkways.
- Clean all balconies, decks, and terraces.
- Clean garage gate and mailbox.
For the best results, it’s imperative that you consult 3 Kings Hauling and More. It is one of the most reliable junk removal company that specializes in post-construction debris and wastage removal in Solano County.